PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A - 1000C -
PowerBoost 1000C is the perfect power supply for your portable project! With a built-in load-sharing battery charger circuit, you'll be able to keep your power-hungry project running even while recharging the battery! This little DC/DC boost converter module can be powered by any 3.7V LiIon/LiPoly battery, and convert the battery output to 5.2V DC for running your 5V projects.
If you dont need the 1A battery charger, smart load-sharing, or 1A iOS resistors, check out the Powerboost 500C
Like our popular 5V 1A USB wall adapter , we tweaked the output to be 5.2V instead of a straight-up 5.0V so that there's a little bit of 'headroom' for long cables, high draw, the addition of a diode on the output if you wish, etc. The 5.2V is safe for all 5V-powered electronics like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or Beagle Bone while preventing icky brown-outs during high current draw because of USB cable resistance.
The PowerBoost 1000C has at the heart a TPS61090 boost converter from TI . This boost converter chip has some really nice extras such as low battery detection, 2A internal switch, synchronous conversion, excellent efficiency, and 700KHz high-frequency operation. Check out these specs!
- Synchronous operation means you can disconnect the output completely by connecting the ENable pin to ground. This will completely turn off the output
- 2A internal switch (~2.5A peak limiting) means you can get 1000mA+ from a 3.7V LiPoly/LiIon battery. Just make sure your battery can handle it!
- Low battery indicator LED lights up red when the voltage dips below 3.2V, optimized for LiPo/LiIon battery usage
- Onboard 1000mA charge-rate 'iOS' data resistors. Solder in the USB connector and you can plug in any iPad, iPhone or iPod for 1000mA charge rate.
- Full breakout for battery in, control pins and power out
- 90%+ operating efficiency in most cases (see datasheet for ef
Check Latest Price
Adafruit Part Number: 2465
Stock Type: Power >> USB Battery Packs
In Stock & Ready to Ship
Audio IC Development Tools Adafruit Mono 2.5W Class D Audio Amplifier - PAM8302 (1 piece)
BW 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for Car / Automobile
B103 16x2mm 10K Ohm Double Dial Taper Wheel Duplex Potentiometer 5Pcs
Mini Metal Speaker w/ Wires - 8 ohm 0.5W
4 Button PCB For Gameboy DMG-01DIY Pi Zero Made In USA With Grounds and Hole Guide
Adafruit Lithium Ion Battery Pack - 3.7V 6600mAh
Teensy LC USB Development Board Without Pins
Adafruit Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch [ADA805]
100 Pcs 6 x 6 x 9mm Tactile Tact Push Button Switch 4 Pin DIP
Adafruit USB Micro-B Breakout Board